Tnusrb Si apply online 2022: Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board invites online applications from the candidates (Indian citizens only) for the posts of Sub-Inspectors of Police (Taluk & Armed Reserve) with pay scale of 36900 -116600.
The Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board is conducting this TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022. This organization posts a large number of job openings each year. This year, there have been a total of 444 job openings for this position. In which you will be hired solely on the basis of your qualifications.
TNUSRB SI Apply online 2022 & TNUSRB SI Notification
On March 8, 2022, the official notification for this position was published. As a result, this recruitment will take place. Eligible candidates can apply for the position of Sub Inspector before the deadline. It is expected that the TN SI application form will only be submitted online.
|i.||Date of Notification||08.03.2022|
|ii.||Commencement of Online Applications||08.03.2022|
|iii.||Last date of submission of Online Applications||07.04.2022|
Date of Written Examination
|Open candidates||In the month of June
2022. Exact date will be announced later.
|20% Departmental candidates|
Name of the Post
Name of the Service
|No. of vacancies||
|General/ Men||Women/ Transgenders|
|Sub-Inspectors of Police (Taluk)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service||279||120||399|
|Sub-Inspectors of Police (AR)||32||13||45|
|Quota||Percentage of overall vacancies||Eligibility|
|20%||Serving police personnel meeting eligibility criteria under Rule 14 of TNPSS and
|Sports Quota||10%||Sports persons who have represented the Nation, Tamil Nadu State or
Universities in Tamil Nadu under specified 16 Sports / Games.
- Main written examination for departmental quota candidates is held A departmental candidate may apply for both open and departmental examinations, if he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
- In case required numbers of candidates are not available for any of the special quotas (Departmental and Sports) the vacancies would be transferred to general quota and filled on the basis of communal
- Communal reservation is provided within each quota as per existing
- PSTM preference: At every stage of selection, 20% of all the vacancies shall be set apart on preferential basis for the open candidates who have studied in Tamil To avail this preference, the entire education should essentially be in Tamil medium for all the classes from 1st to 10th Std., 11th & 12th Std. and first studied Bachelor’s degree.
- Age Eligibility: The applicant should have attained the age of 20 years and should not be aged above 30 years as on 07.2022. The upper age limit relaxation is given to certain categories as follows: –
|Category||Upper age limit|
|Backward Class (BC), Backward Class [Muslim] [BC (M)], Most Backward Class/Denotified Community (MBC/DNC).||32 years|
|Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Castes [Arunthathiyar] [SC(A)], Scheduled Tribes (ST) and
|Destitute Widow||37 years|
|Ex-servicemen/Ex-personnel of Central Para-military Forces (Discharged from service within 3 years from the date of notification i.e. must have been discharged on or after 08.03.2019) /
Serving personnel who are going to retire within one year from the last date of receipt of online application.
|Departmental candidates appearing for departmental quota||47 years|
Note: The departmental candidates appearing under Open Quota need to satisfy the age criteria for the open quota.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree obtained from an Institution / University recognized by University Grants Commission / Government in 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2/3 pattern in case of Diploma courses. However, candidates who have obtained Bachelor’s degree through Open Universities without going through above pattern will not be
- Communal Reservation: Community based reservation and reservation for women will be as per existing rules. Community Certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Government only will be considered for communal The details of communal reservation are given below:
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5%|
|Backward Class (Muslim) [BC(M)]||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class/Denotified Communities (MBC/DNC)||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar) [SC(A)]||3%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
(The distribution of vacancies will be, subject to the outcome of final orders of the Hon’ble Supreme court of India on the SLP filed by the Government of Tamil Nadu with regard to the Tamil Nadu Act 8 of 2021.)
8. Stages of Recruitment:
|Stages||Open Quota Examination||Departmental Quota Examination|
|Part – I. Tamil eligibility Test Objective type paper of 100 marks|
|Part – II. General knowledge & Psychology test. Objective type paper of 70 marks||Part – II. General knowledge, Psychology, Law and Police Administration test.
Objective type paper of 85 marks
Certificate Verification and Physical Tests.
|Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Endurance Test (ET) are qualifying in nature.
Physical Efficiency test (PET) – it has maximum of 15 marks
Exempted from PMT and PET.
Endurance Test (ET) is qualifying in nature.
|3.||Viva-voce||10 marks||10 marks|
|4.||Special Marks||5 marks (for NCC/NSS/Sports)||5 marks (for Medals in National Police Duty Meet)|
|TOTAL||100 marks||100 marks|
The candidate has to obtain minimum 40 marks (40%) in Tamil Language Eligibility test, for him/her to be eligible for evaluation of his/her main examination OMR answer sheet.
In respect of 20% Departmental candidates, the Tamil Language eligibility Test will be commonly conducted along with those who are applying for open quota.
The candidates those who have applied under BOTH Open and Departmental category should write only once the commonly conducted Tamil Language Eligibility Test.
Minimum qualifying marks in Main Written Examination are 25 for open candidates and 30 for departmental candidates. However, number of candidates to be called for next stage of Original Certificate Verification, PMT, ET and PET is in the ratio of 1:5 of the vacancies. Similarly, the number of candidates to be called for Viva-Voce will be in the ratio of 1:2 of the vacancies.
- Written Examination Centre: Examination centre will be intimated at the time of issuing Hall Ticket by TNUSRB. The Board reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination centres and can re-allocate the candidates to any centre on administrative
- Examination fee: Applicant will have to pay examination fee of Rs.500/-. Departmental candidates appearing for both Open Quota and Departmental Quota examinations will have to pay Rs.1000/- as examination fee. The payment options are both online (Net-banking/Credit card/Debit card) and offline (State Bank of India cash challan).
- Online Application: Candidates can apply online only through TNUSRB website tnusrb.tn.gov.in Any other mode/ form of application will be summarily rejected. Hall Tickets for Written Examinations should be downloaded by the candidate from above website. No postal Hall Tickets will be issued.
- Provisional Selection: After completion of the Viva-Voce, the candidates will be provisionally selected for the post of Sub-Inspector of Police (Taluk and AR) based on the total marks obtained by them in main written examination, PET, Viva-Voce & Special marks and age eligibility by following the rule of Communal
- Medical Examination and Verification of Character and Antecedents: The provisionally selected candidates will be subjected to Medical Examination and Verification of Character and
- Additional details about recruitment process, syllabus, model questions for written examinations and norms for PMT, ET and PET are mentioned in the Information Candidates can download it from the TNUSRB website www.tnusrb.tn.gov.in
- The candidates should go through the details of notification in the Information Brochure available at the Board’s website before submission of online